Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Starting from scratch

Well, if you've been following the blog posts over the month of March, you'll have seen a good beginning to the training season. Having now gone through a small surgery in April, I'm pretty well going to have to start from scratch.

Walking to the kitchen or bathroom has felt, for the past few days at least, like the last km of last year's half marathon...tired, a bit dizzy, stiff, and winded. Then I made it to the mailbox, then the corner, then the next corner. And, as every microcosm is true to the macro, I overdid it yesterday by walking too far, and perhaps too fast, and I was sidelined last night, planning moves from the sofa carefully, so as to make the absolute most of the logistics of hydration and bathroom stops.

Today is a little better, but while my mind's eye can see covering 3 sequential legs of 7 km each in 42 mins each, the body begs to differ. I suspect it will argue for a time and so I'm starting from scratch, building the arguments my body will be persuaded by so that in perhaps a few weeks time I'll again be talking in terms of distances and time.

More later, but for now I've gotta ... amble.

No comments:

Post a Comment