Thursday, March 24, 2011

Last lash of winter

Well, it seems old man winter just had to deliver one last lash of snow and cold temperatures. Consequently, I'm in a holding pattern until the temps rise a bit and the paths get cleared of snow. It's a bit of a bummer, really, given my strong and early start. But it is a good reminder that there will be set-backs along the way to my various runs this year and I'll have to take them in stride and compensate for them if I'm to make good progress. Knowing I have 2 half-marathons under my belt reassures me that one week off training due to weather is no big deal.

The academic year is coming to a close quickly and the weather will turn for the better very soon...so I'm staying cool (literally!) and patiently looking forward to early morning summer runs and their wonderful sunrises.

More later, but for now I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment