Sunday, March 13, 2011

Breaking the ice on a new season

A combination of free time (hey, it's March Break and I'm on vacation), milder weather, and mostly dry sidewalks created the perfect conditions to break the ice on the 2011 training season.

No, I wasn't in running form, but did about 5Km at a fast walking pace. It was cool at first and there were a few snowflakes in the air, but as I got going I warmed up, tuned into my iPod, and got the body going again.

I'll probably do a few walks like this to limber up, remind my joints what it is like to move like this again, and then commence the running. I've put on a few pounds over the winter and my cardiovacular health has flopped, somewhat but it'll come back quickly if last year is anything to go by.

More later...but for now I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment