Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Looking for a little spring in my step

Well, it has been a difficult winter off-season. Despite intentions to hit the treadmill, the winter has pretty much been a blur of work and exhaustion and I've only seen the gym from the outside. With Donna's passing in January, too, we've all felt a big loss and are still reeling from that. So, needless to say, at the end of February I'm looking for a little spring in my step.

I am keen to get into the milder weather and lace up the new runners (which have sat snuggly in their new shoe box since I bought 'em!) and get back out there.  The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon has been moved into October now, so I've got a long training season ahead of me. The big question is...should I go for a third half-marathon and aim to finish under 2:00 hours or do I have it in me to step up to the full marathon? Maybe it doesn't have to be one or the other.  There are lots of events between now and then I could use as stepping stones.

More later...but for now...I gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment