Monday, October 18, 2010

New Shoes

Three weeks out from the half marathon now. Spent the first week resting. Spent the second week catching up at home and work. Spent the third week recovering from a cold and a minor car accident.

But now I have new shoes. (Asics Gel 1140's to be exact. Procured from Barrhaven Source for Sports in Ottawa after rejecting the newer and more widely available Asics Gel 1150's because of a design feature that folds some of the decoration over my big toe in the middle of my stride. It was sure to cause discomfort, maybe even a blister or two. Yes, Ottawa is a long way to go for comfort, but I was in the neighbourhood anyway...my new shoes and I were fated to be together.)

More later, but for now....hoping to get back out there. Chilly mornings. Chilly evenings. Here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment