Sunday, September 19, 2010

Old man running...

Oh, what a difference the taper makes...today I ran an 8km+ run in just under 56 minutes, and while it mostly felt like I was taking it easy, there were some points at which I felt like I was slipping into a faster pace and other times that I was slowing right down. When I got back from my run, Steph asked me how it went  and I replied, "I felt like an old man running."  Bless her heart that she didn't point out that I was an old man!

So only one week to the run...and a couple of easy 5km runs in there to keep me loose and avoid feeling too restless. I think I've settled on dividing the run into three 7km runs with a strong push near the finish line. Today's 7km split was hovering around 50 minutes or 2h 30mins pace for the half-marathon. I was running slower than this least year, so I'm right in the zone. If the conditions are right, I'll be right where I want to be come race day.

Keep your song suggestions coming in and send me good vibes for this week!

More later, but for now I've got to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment