Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Short run under the moon

It was a cool, clear night for a run. The nearly full moon cast a cool shadow along a portion of my route. The fences that line that part of the run were cast along the paved path...it was as if I were a cat running along the top of a dark fence. 

I ran 4.8 km to keep loose and avoid the heebeejeebees that can come with the taper. The rest that is part of the taper is certainly working its magic; tonight's was a mostly easy run at a good medium pace. My hips were a bit stiff at first, but they gradually loosened off. I enjoyed the run and gradually the cool of the last evening of summer dissipated as my body heated up. Tonight, the hills seemed flatter. Tonight, I was hardly out of breath. Tonight, I know I'm ready to go on Sunday morning.

More later, but for now I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment