Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new road

Certainly not the most hospitable running weather, but I've run in worse. The rain that was forecast actually came down as snow, but it wasn't constant. The temperature hovered around freezing for most of the run.

Today with my run I made it to my first interim training goal: running 7km non-stop. While only my 4th run this season, I rediscovered that familiar cadence from a couple years ago and felt pretty comfortable most of the way. The final two km splits were faster than the rest too, and I like where that's headed.

To shake things up a bit, I changed up my route to include a northbound loop on Country Lane towards the entrance to the golf course. It's a quiet part of the route that heads into the countryside a bit. Almost no traffic.  I can see that being a nice part of the run to extend further north as I run farther each Sunday and as the warmer part of spring arrives.Sometimes you just have to change things up, and it's good to follow your gut.


More later, but for now I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment