Sunday, March 25, 2012

A clear March night

Today was a mild early spring day. Tonight's long run started just after sunset, with Saturn and Jupiter flanking a crescent moon in the western sky. It's early in the season, and I'm beginning to think about a series of events to help me build my way up to the big run.

I haven't formally committed to the marathon yet, but I've definitely been flirting with it.  I've committed to get a full cardiac workup before signing up for the full 42.2 . While I think I'm in pretty good shape, I want to make sure there isn't anything underlying that would turn me into a statistic. I've been reading that the chances of having a heart attack are about twice as high sitting on the couch compared to running, but there are just too many stories of people going down in the midst of an otherwise good run to the finish.

It is supposed to be cold tomorrow and for a couple days...so I'll have to pull out the running jacket.

More later, but for now I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment